Bodyassist Climate Control Comfort Apparel Ice Vest
Reduce body temperature quickly
For when humans need cooling down ... quickly. Commonly used in commerce, sports clubs, medical care, extreme conditions of heat and for recreational activity.
FEATURES & BENEFITS.
- Cools the upper body quickly in hot weather or after exertion or sport.
- Heavy duty zipper with adjustable side straps to allow variable size fitting.
- Made with blue cotton and black fleece fabrics and 100% washable.
- Re-usable and lasts for up to 2 hours (depending on ambient air temp).
- Cold therapy works by reducing blood flow to a particular area.
- Used in cases of soft tissue sprains, strains, body scrapes, burns, headache, migraine, fever, sports injury, eye strain, toothache, insect bites, nose bleeds, heat rash.
- Helps reduce inflammation and swelling that causes pain, especially around a joint or a tendon.
- May temporarily reduce nerve activity, which can also relieve pain.
- People with sensory disorders that prevent feel sensations should not use cold therapy without care.
- Diabetics may experience nerve damage and lessened sensitivity without care.
- Cold therapy should not be used if you have poor circulation.
- Cold therapy incorrectly applied can result in skin, tissue, or nerve damage. If you unsure consult your doctor before using cold therapy.
- Please consult your doctor or health care professional prior to using this or any cooling products for a medical condition.
- Includes 3 cold compress gel packs (2 at front, 1 at back).
- Total vest weight under 2kg.
- Contains : Glycerin, sodium polyacrylate, water.
- For external use only.
- Discard if punctured.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- When not in use always store vest in a freezer, so it's ready to use as soon as you need it.
- Cooling times may vary depending on your level of activity and ambient temperature.
- Place the vest in a freezer for at least 2 ½ hours prior to use or place in a mixture of heavily iced water until cold.
- Altenatively you may place the gel pack in a mixture of heavily iced water until suitably cold.
- Remove from the freezer or iced water.
- Dry vest well and apply on the body.
- As you will be wearing this vest in a hot environment, any moisture over your clothing or skin will evaporate quickly and will also assist in cooling your body.
- Please note that it is possible to use this vest for HEAT if desired, although this product is primarily designed for COLD use.
- Heating times are based on an 800W microwave.
- Adjust heating times accordingly to suit the power of your microwave. It may take a few goes to get it right.
- Always heat pack from room temperature - never from frozen.
- Microwave the gel pack ONLY - never the vest.
- Monitor whilst heating - If the pack swells, turn off the microwave immediately and wait for swelling to subside.
- Place the gel pack flat on the microwave turntable, close the door and heat for 20 seconds on HIGH.
- Remove the gel pack USING AN OVEN GLOVE OR TOWEL and test the temperature.
- If the edges are warm and the middle cold, move the gel around inside the pack to distribute the heat.
- Re-Flatten and return to the microwave for another 10-20 seconds.
- Always keep an eye on it at all times.
- Repeat above steps until desired heat is achieved.
- Once the packs are sufficiently warm, re-insert them into the vest and apply.
Please pay close attention to these points.
- Don't make the packs too hot so as to risk burning yourself.
- Medically, there is no advantage to anything more than gentle warmth.
- Don’t heat the pack for more than 10-20 seconds at a time.
- The plastic may melt at the edges if heated too aggressively.
- Short bursts are best.
- In the unlikely event that you damage the packs, allow the gel to cool completely before attempting to clean it up.
- Don’t panic – the gel is 100% non-toxic.
- Always handle a HOT pack through a towel, glove or cover and do not apply a HOT pack directly to the skin without protection.
- When using do not put weight on the pack by sitting on the gel pack.
- Breakage/leakage may occur.
Write Your Own Review